Tuesday 26 July 2011

Amazing futures ahead

Well last Friday I went to the Waterside Theatre in Aylesbury to attend the Peter Jones National Enterprise Academy (NEA) graduation ceremony. It was brilliant to see so many enthusiastic creative dynamic young individuals graduating and wow what a brilliant future for Britain! The whole event was energetic, funny, upbeat, modern and not at all what I was expecting, so well done to everyone involved, and how refreshing.... Having been involved in creating our own event for November, entrepreneurs business expo, I understand how much work goes into these things and what a fab job they all did, it worked like clockwork!!


I'm sitting here thinking about what I did when I was young and what ambition I had and still have!(even though my priorities are very different these days, pigs, goats etc...yes I know, but there's nothing like trying something new..) Even though we didn't have anything like the NEA and career 'advice' was thin on the ground, I've still had a tremendous career and life, with no qualifications, or university degree behind me!! It got me thinking about why I've had and am still having such a ball...

And I've put it all down to attitude.......I have an attitude to learn, have fun, be inquisitive, tenacious, succeed, break boundaries, invent, make friends, meet new people, care, take personable responsibility, coach,win, achieve and learn, learn, learn!
I am the only person who can control that attitude and my own thought processes and it's up to me whether I succeed or not. It's up to me whether I take action and go out and do something today which will have a positive impact on my life. It's up to me whether I want to do it or not. It's up to me. Only me.


There was plenty of that attitude last Friday, and I commend Peter Jones for giving some of the youngsters today the help and understanding that we can all achieve if we WANT TO! You'll never be a successful entrepreneur if you don't have the right attitude,and yes qualifications are great, but it's not the end of the world if you don't have any.....
So lets encourage that attitude in our own lives, with our friends and family, and colleagues, business associates and cats and dogs and chickens and goats if you want to! Lets encourage a new generation of entrepreneurs to take action and personable responsibility and go out and learn!

Lets be successful!
oh and have some fun....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment